Bloomington, Indiana, has been struggling with high rates of alcohol and drug use lately. Most notable is the high rate of opioid-related overdose deaths. The most common opioids abused include Fentanyl, oxycodone, and hydrocodone (Vicodin). This places an incredible burden not only on the drug user, but on the community as well. Substance abuse isn’t something that should be ignored or wished away. It needs to be dealt with and those struggling need to be given treatment to help them get better.
What to Look for in an Addiction Treatment Center
If you’re looking for addiction treatment in Bloomington, Indiana, here are a few questions to ask to help you choose the best facility:
- Where is it located? As a resident of Bloomington, you can choose to attend a local rehab or choose a rehab that’s in another state. While staying local keeps you close to your support group e.g. family, traveling can help provide a sense of starting over a new life.
- What level of care do they offer? Reputable addiction treatment centers provide a range of treatment programs to ensure that their clients’ needs are catered for. This includes offering treatment on a residential or outpatient treatment basis and also using different therapies including family therapy to help clients. Most treatment centers will start clients in a detox program before proceeding to other treatment programs. They also make sure that these treatment programs are individualized and adapted to each client’s personal recovery goals.
- What is the cost of treatment at the facility? The cost of addiction treatment can quickly add up if you’re paying out of pocket so make sure to ask if the facility provides a flexible payment plan. If you have insurance, verify that the rehab works with them.
- What kind of environment does the facility provide? You need a serene and safe environment to help you recover from an addiction. The ideal treatment facility should provide this, in addition to other amenities. They should also offer some curricular activities for you to participate in when you’re not attending therapy sessions.
- Do they have an aftercare program? Your recovery journey doesn’t end when you leave rehab. You still need to work at staying sober and the ideal treatment center should have an aftercare program to ensure you’re adapting well to life after rehab. This could involve pointing you in the direction of a good support group or continuing to provide counseling to former clients.
We are Ready to Help
The Robert Alexander Center for Recovery provides drug and alcohol treatment services for Kentucky residents and beyond. If your search for addiction treatment in Bloomington doesn’t bear fruit, you can choose to travel to our facility in Kentucky. We offer different addiction treatment programs including a detox program so you’re sure to find one that suits you.
Reach out to us today and learn how we can support you in your recovery journey.