Are you a resident of Illinois who is struggling with an addiction to alcohol or drugs? Perhaps you have tried quitting before without much success. Maybe you even enrolled in a local rehab near your home in the past but only managed to stay sober and clean for a few weeks or months.
You are not alone. Many people have tried beating alcoholism and substance abuse on their own but were unable to do so. This is because addiction is a powerful disease that affects you mentally, physically, and emotionally. You become dependent on your drug of choice to the point where you don’t care if you ruin your life as long as you get the next hit.
To make matters worse, you may also feel alienated from your loved ones. They may not understand why you just can’t stop using or why you keep going back to alcohol. You may feel embarrassed at your situation or maybe even angry at their interference so you start avoiding them. Within no time, you’ve become isolated and sunk deeper into your addiction.
Life doesn’t have to be that way.
Addiction is a treatable disease and with the right assistance, you can overcome it, heal and move on from the pain it has caused in your life.
If you have tried local rehabs in Illinois without success or are looking for a different treatment experience, the Robert Alexander Addiction Treatment Center in Kentucky is there for you.
Why travel to Kentucky For Addiction Treatment?
Right about now, you might be wondering, “Why Kentucky? Why do I have to travel out of my home state to find addiction treatment?”
The decision on whether to remain in Illinois or travel for rehab in Kentucky is up to you. However, to help you decide, we’ve listed some of the reasons why traveling to our Kentucky treatment facility might be a good idea:
You’ll give yourself a fresh start.
Think of traveling for rehab treatment as taking a mini-vacation of sorts. You get to enjoy being in a new environment which will make it easier to change your life. You can put yourself and your needs first and get a chance to start over afresh.
Your triggers aren’t there.
Let’s face it, something in your old life drove you to drink or use drugs. It may have been problems at work, stress from your family, or a relationship, or maybe trauma from the past. Whatever your external triggers are, you’re not going to find them in Kentucky. Traveling to a different state ensures that you put distance between yourself and your triggers, allowing you to concentrate on your recovery.
You’ll get away from your enablers.
While your friends and family may not be the cause of your addiction, they may be enablers. Addiction changes the dynamics of the relationships you have with others and they may often end up enabling your behavior without even knowing it. Your loved ones may have shielded you in the past from facing the consequences of your actions. Although they may mean well, they also hold you back from critically examining your life and breaking free of addiction.
You’ll have privacy.
It can be difficult to settle into rehab and an addiction treatment program if you’re constantly wary of running into someone you know. While there’s no shame in seeking treatment for an addiction, going to rehab, unfortunately, comes with a stigma. Traveling to another state reduces the chances that you’ll meet someone you know. This way you avoid getting judged and you can maintain your professional reputation.
It’s harder to give up.
Recovering from addiction is a lifelong process. You’re likely to find things hard in the beginning as you try to adhere to the rules of living at the rehab or opening up during therapy. Being away from Illinois makes it harder for you to call it quits and head back to your house when things get difficult. You’re likely to stick around for the duration of your treatment program, improving your prospects for recovery.
What does the Robert Alexander Center for Recovery offer?
If you need more convincing on why you should receive addiction treatment at our Kentucky center, here’s what we offer:
- A wide variety of recognized addiction treatment programs that are based on science and research. We keep abreast of the latest happening in the world of addiction treatment and ensure that we implement programs with high success rates.
- An individualized treatment plan that will bring balance to your life. We recognize that addicts are individuals with their own unique treatment needs. We don’t lump everyone together under one treatment plan but take time to learn what will work for you. For instance, if you’re dealing with mild to moderate drug addiction and can’t afford residential treatment, then our Intensive Outpatient program for drug treatment is ideal for you. On the other hand, if you need more intensive care to beat alcoholism, then our Partial Hospitalization Program for alcohol addiction is where we’ll enroll you.
- We accept most major insurance providers so you can easily cater for the cost of treatment, so you have one less thing to worry about. If you’re not covered then we can advise you on other payment options to suit your budget.
- A team of friendly staff and licensed and accredited physicians and counselors will guide you on your recovery journey. You are sure to be treated with kindness, respect, and dignity while at our treatment center.
- Support and guidance even after you’ve been discharged from treatment. We provide clients with aftercare services and help to link them up with support groups in the communities.
Find the Addiction Treatment You Need in Kentucky
For those struggling with addiction, healing often calls for both hands-on help and continuing care. At the Robert Alexander Center for Recovery, we pride ourselves on offering compassionate, high-quality treatment for all our clients. Our goal is to help people achieve lasting sobriety and to become productive members of society.
Reach out to us through our 24-hour helpline at (502) 443-9950 and let us help you turn your life around.