Cigna Drug Rehab Coverage​

Cigna Insurance & Addiction Treatment at Robert Alexander Center


Does Cigna Cover Drug Rehab? ​

For many people, the concern of cost comes up when they are considering a drug rehab center. Different insurances offer different plan coverages, so you will want to have an idea of the plan that you have from your insurance provider. You can call the number on your insurance card to speak with an insurance representative about your plan’s coverage.

Cigna is a major health insurance provider in the United States. They offer individual and family plans with varying coverage options which influences what you pay. Cigna will cover mental health treatment which includes addiction treatment. 

Before we get into Cigna’s plan options, let’s take a minute to review the four different types of insurance plans:

  • Health maintenance organizations (HMOs)- HMOs will give you a list of local health professionals, doctors, and hospitals that are considered “in-network”. This means that the insurance company will cover your care for these identified providers. You will need to choose a primary care provider (PCP) for each individual on your plan. Your PCP would see you regularly and would give you referrals if you needed specialized care. 
  • Exclusive provider organizations (EPOs)- EPOs are similar to an HMO plan. EPOs will give you a network of providers that they will work with; however, they do not provide any coverage for a health provider, doctor, or hospital that is out of network. An exception to this would be an emergency or health crisis. Some EPOs will require you to have a PCP; however, that is not always the case. You do not need a referral to meet with a specialist with an EPO plan.
  • Point-of-service (POS) plans- A POS plan takes components from an HMO and PPO plan. Similar to an HMO, they tend to have a smaller circle of doctors and providers that are considered in-network. You will be required to select a PCP, and they will provide referrals if necessary. The difference with an HMO plan is that you would be able to work with specialists who are both in-network and out-of-network. If you see a doctor out-of-network, you will be responsible for filing the claim, and likely a bigger portion of the bill.
  • Preferred provider organizations (PPOs)- PPOs tend to have a larger network of providers that they will work with. You will be able to see out-of-network providers, however, you will again be paying a bigger chunk of the bill. You will not need to choose a PCP, and referrals for specialists are not necessary with a PPO plan.

We believe everyone has the ability to recover from addiction.

Our drug and alcohol rehab in Kentucky is on a mission to truly make a lasting impact on those affected by the disease of addiction in Kentucky, and beyond.

I HIGHLY recommend allowing RAC to provide the care and tools for your lifelong sobriety. I love every individual there for giving me a new lease on life!



I had a very nice time. Community and staff are fantastic, beyond what was expected. I had lots of eye opening talks, learned recovery strategies, and had lots of fun with other people just like me. I am excited to move forward to another one of their programs!



I absolutely LOVED RAC, and all of the staff. I was absolutely terrified to go to rehab. But it has been such a warm and welcoming experience. Starting with my detox, all of the staff and nurses made sure of it my needs were met. The ARPN has been a God send. She makes sure you're comfortable. I would recommend RAC to anyone who is ready to get the help they so much deserve.



The Robert Alexander center is wonderful place to recover from drugs and alcohol the detox portion of my recovery here was amazing I felt comfortable at all times. When I moved over to the residential side the group therapy and the individual therapy both did wonders for my self confidence and self worth. This place is a 10 out of 10 for anyone wanting to recover from drugs



My name is Jeff upon coming here you will feel anxious and worried about where you’re going and what you’re getting into. However you will be more than pleasantly surprised because the staff and other residence are great, the education you will get is outstanding and helpful. Just absorb it all and you will be better. Do not ama after a few days because it’s not your thing because it’s not your thing, it will become your thing if you let it. Good luck.




We provide evidence-based dual diagnosis treatment at our addiction detox rehab center in Kentucky.



At The Robert Alexander Center for Recovery, we offer safe & effective medical detoxification services.

rec room

Residential Inpatient

The residential inpatient program at RAC was designed to treat each client's unique needs when dealing with addiction.​

Does Having An Addiction Make You Weak?

Mental Health Care

RAC takes mental health seriously. The programs at our facility have been designed to treat mental health alongside addiction for optimum results.


Aftercare & Alumni

From planning outpatient treatment to sober living, RAC offers clients the tools needed for long-term success in recovery.​


What Does Cigna Cover for Drug Rehab? ​

The short answer is yes: Cigna does cover inpatient rehab. You will want to know if you have an HMO, EPO, POS, or a PPO plan to help you narrow down what rehabs they will cover. If you are unsure of what kind of insurance plan you have, you can call the number on the back of your card. 

When you call, they will be able to tell you what plan you have and the coverage that you have selected for your plan. This will help you get an idea of what portion of the bill you would be responsible for. The representative will be able to tell you which providers and rehabs are Cigna in-network rehab facilities. You may also log into the Cigna website to check for this information there.

You can either log into your account, or choose to use the guest option to search for providers based on a city, state, or zip code. Here, you will find a list of Cigna-approved rehab centers with a list of services that they provide.

Cigna in-network rehab facilities include programs that use evidence-based therapy, offer detoxification, and alcohol and drug rehab programs. They work with both inpatient and outpatient treatment providers.

One factor that will make a difference in what your insurance covers is the level of coverage you selected for your plan. The following levels of coverage apply to all coverage plans discussed above. Coverage plans are as follows:

Bronze- With this coverage, your insurance provider would pay 60% of the total cost, and you would be responsible for the remaining 40%. These coverage plans tend to be the most affordable monthly. 

Silver- This plan option would lead to the insurance provider covering 70% of the in-network costs, leaving you with 30% to pay yourself. This plan is generally more than the Bronze option and less than the Gold and Platinum options.

Gold- With a gold package, your insurance provider would pay for 80% of your in-network medical costs, and you would be responsible for the remaining 20%. This plan would cost more than the Bronze and Silver and less than the Platinum.

Platinum- The Platinum package would have the insurance provider covering 90% of your in-network medical costs while you would pay the remaining 10%. Out of all the insurance plan options, this would be the most expensive for monthly rates.

Same-Day Admissions Available​

We Work with Most Major Insurance​

Robert Alexander Center For Recovery 37

Why Choose Us?

The Robert Alexander Center for Recovery is more than just your typical rehab. Find out more about how our drug rehab in KY can help.

Robert Alexander Center For Recovery 108

State-of-the-Art Facility

Our brand-new, state-of-the-art facility is located on 10 acres of land in Mount Washington. Explore our modern & luxurious rehab center in Kentucky now.


How Long Does Cigna Pay for Drug Rehab? ​

Typically, you are eligible for 1-6 weeks of treatment at a Cigna-approved rehab center. Your coverage will depend on several factors including your medical needs for detox, history of relapses, physician recommendation for treatment, and how you are progressing in treatment. While you are in a Cigna rehab program, there should be a medical billing specialist who can be in contact with your insurance to confirm their coverage of your treatment. This allows you to focus on your treatment.

Our Groundbreaking Facility​

Explore Our Modern Drug Rehab in Kentucky

Our Modern Facility Has Everything You Need.

Our residential compound was designed to help offer quality, evidence-based programming alongside modern amenities. Robert Alexander Center for Recovery is a one-stop-shop for lasting addiction recovery.


Copper Tub Therapy

Semi-Private Rooms​

Flat Screen TVs in Every Room​

Client Lounge

24/7 Cafeteria & Nutritious Meals​

Wellness Activities


The Robert Alexander Center, A Cigna Alcohol Rehab Center ​

The Robert Alexander Center is a Cigna drug and alcohol treatment facility in Kentucky. We offer several treatment programs that would be considered in-network with Cigna. Because we have a variety of treatment options, we can provide you with custom care developed around your personal needs for addiction treatment. 

Our Kentucky medical detox program has 24/7 medical coverage to help you through the discomforts and medical concerns that may arise during the withdrawal process. Our staff is supportive and encouraging and will support you through this step in your recovery.

We offer an inpatient residential program that can range from 30-days to, 60-days, to 90-days. This will be dependent on your needs, and your insurance coverage. We have a state-of-the-art facility and utilize the best evidence-based practices for addiction treatment.

We have specialized treatment options that can be added to your treatment plan, including treatment for men, women, professionals, and treatment for members of the LGBTQ+ community in Kentucky. Our staff is trained and experienced in working with a variety of mental health concerns, including depression, anxiety, bipolar, and trauma disorders.

We offer a Partial Hospitalization Program. With this program, you stay at your home in the evenings and come to the treatment center typically five days per week for 6 to 8 hours per day. Your program will have a similar feel to that of an inpatient rehab program.  

We offer an Intensive Outpatient Program. This program is determined case by case and typically includes 15-25 hours of group therapy and one hour of individual therapy. You will travel to our treatment facility for your programming during the day, and return home in the evenings. 

We provide group and individual therapy in our outpatient treatment program. This allows us to make sure we are meeting all your treatment needs. This program will vary in length and be dependent on your progress. Any mental health concerns you have will be added to your treatment plan with our outpatient treatment program.

We offer Family Therapy for your loved ones as well. This program will focus on your family unit, compared to addiction treatment which focuses on the individual living with an addiction. Our hope is that if we work together, we can find ways to move forward that are supportive of every family member.  

If you are worried about yourself, or someone you love, we invite you to call us at (844) 328-8406. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about our Cigna rehab and see how we can help you.

Ready to Escape Addiction for Good?

Allow our drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in Kentucky to assist you or your loved one today. Our committed admissions team is available 24/7, prepared to guide you in discovering the most suitable solutions for your needs.

Call Now Button